5 Foods You Can Make In Your Grill Sandwich Maker

Adanali

5 Foods You Can Make In Your Grill Sandwich MakerOne of my most beloved childhood memories is eating different kinds of sandwiches that my mother used to make in our grill sandwich maker. I remember getting excited (regardless of which vegetables were used in the sandwich filling!) just because of the signature charred lines, the crunchiness of the bread, and the perfectly melted cheese between the slices. All these little things made the eating experience a heaven. Modern-day appliances – microwave, oven, air fryer – have all been around for a couple of years but many of us still consider grill sandwich maker to be the OG kitchen gadget.

Now that I am older (and wiser!), I have figured out a way to use a grill sandwich maker to make several other delectable dishes to wow my tastebuds. If you are someone who is looking for ways to use a grill sandwich maker for foods other than sandwiches, then fret not! Read on to learn 5 foods you can make in your grill sandwich maker!

Also Read: Grill, Toast Or Press? How To Pick The Ultimate Sandwich Maker For Your Kitchen

Make paneer tikka in your grill sandwich maker and enjoy with family.

Make paneer tikka in your grill sandwich maker and enjoy it with your family.
Photo Credit: iStock

5 Foods You Can Make In Your Grill Sandwich Maker

1. Paneer Tikka

Want a quick restaurant-style snack at home? Instead of a makeshift tandoor, make quick and easy paneer tikka in your grill sandwich maker. All you have to do is marinate paneer cubes in a mixture of yoghurt, spices and lemon juice. Once done, skewer the marinated cubes and grill them in the sandwich grill until charred and cooked through. Serve this delectable dish alongside mint chutney, sliced onions and lemon wedges. Find an easy recipe here.

2. Grilled Parathas

Give your regular parathas a grilled-up twist with your grill sandwich maker. Roll out your paratha dough, brush it with ghee or oil, and grill until it's golden brown and cooked through. This will give you crispy and flaky grill parathas. What's more, you can even transform your pre-made parathas the same way using your grill sandwich maker.

3. Grilled Bhutta

Craving street food but too lazy to go out? Make grilled bhutta – an easy homemade version of corn on the cob – in your grill sandwich maker. Just rub the corn with butter, salt, and chaat masala, and then grill until it's charred and caramelized. Top it up with squeezed lemon juice and some more chaat masala and enjoy!

Make street-style bhutta at home with your grill sandwich maker.

Make street-style bhutta at home with your grill sandwich maker.
Photo Credit: iStock

4. Grilled Kebabs

Impress your guests with homemade grilled kebabs made right from the comfort of your grill sandwich maker. Marinate chicken pieces in a mixture of yoghurt and spices and skewer them along with onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Grill the meat and the veggies until cooked through and slightly charred. Serve alongside naan and raita to make a wholesome meal. Find an easy recipe for chicken kebabs here.

5. Grilled Fruit

Sure you love eating grilled veggies but have you tried tasting grilled fruits? Make your regular fruits tastier by taking advantage of the grill's heat to caramelize them. Slice fruits like pineapple, peaches, or even watermelon, and grill them for a few minutes until they develop charred marks. You can serve these grilled fruits as a salad alongside your main dish or eat them as a dessert alongside vanilla ice cream. Click here to know which summer fruits you can grill to satisfy your sweet tooth.

Also Read: Kitchen Tips: Learn How To Clean A Sandwich Maker With 6 Easy Steps

Can you think of any other way to use a grill sandwich maker at home? Let us know in the comments below!